Like many of the Tournament Challenges, making money in a particular endeavor is at the core of this photography event. Make those shots count because you’re limited to 250 total photographs and completing photo collections in the skill journal will act as the multiplier and greatly increase your score.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 1 Young Adult Sim.
- You’re required to create your scoring file in Sunset Valley.
- There are no restrictions to adding to the household—having babies, adoption, moving Sims in…it’s all okay.
- Your photographer is the only household member allowed to call for a vacation. He’s alloted 9 total days of vacation—however you want to break it up is fine—3 days in each of the 3 locations, 9 days in one location, etc.
- One additional household member may join your photographer on any vacation.
- You’re allowed to use a birthday cake to age up a Sim early provided the Sim is not an Elder..
- Intentionally killing Sims is not allowed. However, allowing a Sim to be cursed is to be viewed differently given this falls within normal gameplay. How you handle the cursed Sim is your choice. Letting a “singed” Sim continue to repair an item is also to be viewed as a natural accident in the game if it results in a death. I realize this whole area is very “iffy” but please use common sense.
- Your photographer is limited to a Photographs Taken stat of 250. No more.
- Ansel Adams is ready to help you. Everyone gets 7 free Ansel Adams Master Shots of anything in the game — is your camera driving you crazy and not registering something that would complete a collection? Cash in an Ansel Master Shot. 7 free shots to use however you like. No more.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 4 weeks (Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
Money Earned — At the conclusion of the challenge, open up your photographer’s skill journal and note the Money Earned stat.
Collections — The Collections component is the scoring multiplier. As always, everyone begins with a multiplier of 1.00. If you have completely finished a collection in the skill journal you can add 5% to your multiplier (.05). Don’t forget about your 7 free Ansel Adams Master Shots to help finish more collections.
Total — Jot down your Money Earned from Photography and multiply that figure by the Collections Multiplier. As an example, let’s say your photography skill journal says you earned $200,000 from photography. You also completed the Still Life, Family & Friends, and Everyday Moments collections. 3 completed collections = 3 X .05 = .15. Your final multiplier is 1.00 + .15 = 1.15.
Total = $200,000 X 1.15 = 230,000
Helpful Guide Articles
Challenge Begins: May 30
Challenge Ends: June 19
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the