Making money in Sims 3 via the consignment store…lots and lots of money. That’s the goal in this simple challenge. You have to juggle 4 Sims and all must take different avenues for their financial aspirations. You can only sell 28 items per week. Which ones will you choose?
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Ambitions must be installed.
- Create 4 Young Adult Sims. Your household total may not exceed 4.
- The consignment store has no restrictions from weeks 1 to 8.
- Beginning Week 9 only one type of item may be sold at the consignment store in each of the remaining weeks — for example, paintings in week 9, inventions week 10, photos week 11, and fish for your final week 12.
- Any item of a given type sold during one of the last 4 weeks may not be sold/repeated in another of the last four weeks (i.e. fish could be sold in week 9, but not in weeks 10 or later).
- At the start of week 9 you are allowed to sell a maximum of 4 items per day at the consignment store, or 28 items in a given week.
- Any items sold in weeks 9 – 12 must be the product of a learned skill—i.e. Display Table items cannot be sold.
- Each of your starting four Sims is allowed to take one vacation — length is up to you.
- Please DO NOT ask for any clarifications if your question hints at strategy. You can always PM me.
- And please, please, please…DO NOT ask whether certain items can be sold or if they are in a particular “type.” PM me if you are curious.
- The challenge ends at Week 12, Day 7, 11:59 PM.
Scoring is simple but requires a LOT of adding — 28 separate totals of consignment store sales. Carefully note your sales total each day just after 5 PM, and add up all 7 days of a week for the 4 separate amounts. Add the 4 weeks together for your final total.
Here is a nice simple spreadsheet Krrank worked up to make scoring easier. Thank you, Krrank. Consignment Store Spreadsheet
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the