A Portrait of My Hometown – ended April 30, 2014
This is a brand new challenge and it comes courtesy of MarianT (thank you, Marian). The basic goal is to paint as many different portraits of your hometown residents as you can before time runs out. Adding up your 10 most valuable portraits will also be something to keep in mind.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 1 Young Adult Human Sim.
- You may also create 1 pet for your household.
- No changing life states.
- You may not add to the household after entering Live Mode.
- No drinking or throwing elixirs.
- No herbs, coffee beans, or mixology drinks.
- No completing any opportunities.
- No traveling.
- Your Sim can only have one easel on their home lot and all portraits must be done via clicking the Paint Portrait of…interaction on that easel (unlocks at skill level 7).
- All portraits must be large size and of Sims only — no horses, unicorns, cats, or dogs.
- If your Sim dies, then post your score as DNF.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 4 weeks (Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
Top 10 — Add up the value of your 10 most valuable portraits. No consignment store sales or no cashing them in for opportunities.
Portraits — This is your multiplier. Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00 and for every different Sim you are able to paint a portrait of add .01 to your multiplier. You must write down everyone’s name on a sheet of paper in case the team needs to verify your score.
Example: You get to Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM and your Top 10 portraits are worth 22,500 simoleans. You have also written down the names of 25 different Sims which you have painted portraits of.
Total = 22,500 X 1.25 = 28,125
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the