Quantity and quality both factor into this kid-focused challenge. You definitely want your household to have lots of children, but you’ll also be scored on the kids achieving important milestones in their development. This is going to be one of the hardest challenges in the entire Tournament. Are you up to it?
- Stating your intent to participate is mandatory. You will be added to the leader board after posting your intent to participate.
- After stating your intent you may practice ahead of time as much as you want to get your bearings and your strategy down. But, once you create characters for the real deal, that’s it — you are allowed a single attempt for score.
- You must be patched up to the most current EA patch.
- No cheats or modifications allowed with ONE exception…the drops traits bug. If you experience this, follow these instructions:
- Enable testing cheats with ctrl+shift+C and “testingcheatsenabled true”
- Shift+click on the Sim missing the trait
- Select “Modify Traits for Active Sim”
- Add the missing trait from the list of traits
- Disable testing cheats with ctrl+shift+c and “testingcheatsenabled false”
- Create 2 Young Adult Sims (Married w/Normal Lifespan) in a brand new neighborhood. Make sure to leave Freewill on at all times.
- Move your Sim into an existing house or build one yourself to start. You are never allowed to move and cannot switch Active Households in the Edit Town screen.
- You are only allowed to Move Out a Sim when a LTW is achieved or if a Sim turns Elder.
- No Sim can eat Ambrosia or Life Fruit. Steer clear of the Bistro or you may accidentally eat Ambrosia.
- Use of the Moodlet Manager is banned.
- No birthday cakes.
- No adoption.
- No traveling.
- No babysitters.
- The Challenge ends on Week 8, Day 1, 11:59PM. You’ll find the game clock in the white rectangle directly below a Sim’s LTW box. Your challenge can also end prematurely in the event a Social Services worker shows up to take one of the children due to neglect. In that event, pause your game and total your score.
- As always, discussing strategy on how to achieve certain goals in this thread is not allowed. If you’re unsure — don’t say anything.
Anyone living in your household can be scored, but only spouses and their offspring can live in your household.**
**This rule was added after start time.
Toddler — For every Toddler that learns at least 1 Toddler skill (walking, talking, or potty training) before they age up to Child, receive 1 point.
Child — For every child that got on the Honor Roll AND had a non-family member Friend (or better) before they aged up to Teenager, receive 2 points. No partial credit.
Teen — For every Teenager that got on the Honor Roll, AND had a non-family member Good Friend (or better), AND acquired at least 1 skill level in any skill before aging up to Young Adult, receive 3 points. No partial credit.
LTW — Receive 4 points for all Lifetime Wishes completed. Note: all LTW must be different from each other.
Add all 4 scores up for your Total.
Challenge Begins: March 26
Challenge Ends: June 6
There are several resources that will aid you in this challenge: Check out the Parenting Skills article and the Surrounded by Family LTW Walkthrough. Finally, reading through the first Baby Boomer Challenge could provide you with some insight. Good luck to everyone!
This Event is Now Closed
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the