Prerequisites – None
“Your money is no good here”
The chaos in the region set off by the power plant explosions has broken down the basic economic fabric of society. The value of a Simolean varies wildly from place to place. All major markets have destroyed or looted dry. With the economy of the region in shambles, people are unwilling to ‘go shopping’. The only thing that sells well are stories from survivors, as media outside the region is hungry to know what happened and what it is like to live in such a land.
- BASE GAME
- Your Sims may not become business partners with or purchase any community lots or vacation homes.
- You may not sell buy mode items, items you received as celebrity perks, crafted items, fruits, vegetables or fish via the buy or build tab, through the consignment shop, or at the grocery store. (You may still sell build mode items, such as walls, windows and stairs)
- Your Sims may not use the “sell” interaction with objects (such as completed paintings, or workbench items)
- Your Sims *are* allowed to finish writing novels and collect the royalties.
- Your Sims may not hire service Sims of any kind.
- Due to broken supply chains, sims may only use the sculptor’s bench or the inventor’s work bench or the easel to make one item per sim day (only one of these objects may be used per day).
- Also due to broken supply chains, sims are restricted to only the cheapest, most readily available goods on the market. There just AREN’T any high quality things available.
- exception – you may purchase the next cheapest TV, the one after the Old Timey TV, as it can be upgraded to receive the Fishing Channel.
- Your sim may not register as self employed.Your sim may not buy books from the book store or items from the consignment shop.
- The Amazing Naturalist or Descendant of Da Vinci are not allowed by Business restrictions as they require you to register as self employed in their various components.
- Ghost Hunters may sell spirits to the science facility
- LIFETIME REWARD RESTRICTIONS
- Sims may not purchase Vacationer, Bookshop Bargainer, Professional Simoleon Booster, Haggler, Suave Seller or Entrepreneurial Mindset lifetime rewards
Once an economic leader from the family rebuilds the economic structure of the region, the business restrictions are lifted. Sims are alos no longer restricted to limited buying.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the