Carving Out Your Niche – ended June 15, 2014
As you could probably guess from the title this event is all about the sculpting skill — but, with only two weeks allowed how much money can your fledgling sculptor make? And though there is a little luck involved — how many different types of objects will you end up sculpting? It will be interesting to see how players pick up their chisels and pursue this one.
This event comes courtesy of Blackrosea (thank you for the idea!).
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 1 Young Adult Sim. Ghost life states are banned (including ghost elixirs and potions), but all other life states are fine.
- Pets are the only allowed household additions (no Sims). Pets in CAS or adopting after going into Live Mode are both fine.
- You cannot complete any sculpting opportunities (cancel any ones that fire) Non-sculpting opportunities are fine.
- You cannot sell or consign any sculptures at any register.
- You can only have ONE sculpting station on your lot.
- Remember — no Midas Touch elixir.
- A reminder that the moveobjects on cheat is for stuck objects only.
- Traveling is banned.
- If your Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 2 weeks (Week 2, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
Money Made — Open up your Sim’s Sculpting Skill Journal and look down to the Money Made stat. Remember the restrictions: no consignment store sales, and no sculpting opportunities that pay simoleans. VERY IMPORTANT: As soon as your Sim finishes a sculpture and you get the information pop up in the top right screen, you must sell the sculpture in Live Mode with the piece on the stand. Entering Buy Mode to sell is not allowed.
Objects — This is your multiplier. Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00. For every different type of object made (go into Buy Mode and click on the object for the name) add .05 to your multiplier. IMPORTANT — A “Gloria” clay statue and a “Gloria” wood statue are still the same type of object because the name is the same. The same goes for Ice Sculptures of Sims — an Ice Sculpture of Bella Goth and an Ice Sculpture of Mortimer Goth do not have different names in the title. They simply say “Ice Sim Sculpture.” So, it’s very important you keep organized and write down the names of all the different types of sculptures you make.
Total — Simply multiply your Money Made stat by your Objects multiplier for your Total.
Example: Let’s say your Money Made stat is $50,000 and you have also written down 40 different objects (all have different names) that you have sculpted.
40 X .05 = 2.
1.00 + 2.00 = 3.00
Total = $50,000 X 3.00 = 150,000
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the