Prerequisites – None
“Hunger is the best spice”
The gas lines and power grid have been severely damaged. Running a gas stove or electric appliance carries too much of a risk. The radiation levels are too high to risk using a microwave either. Food is scarce. The quality of the food the Sims can get is very poor and can bring illness to some. Coffee is now scarce in the region due to supply cuts. Fresh food is non-existent.
- BASE GAME
- Sims may not purchase or use anything from the “Ovens” or “Small appliances” category except for the cheapest grill and the cheapest refrigerator.
- Sims may only prepare food once per sim day. Once any sim has prepared food, no other may do so for the rest of the day. A sim making a one-serving meal counts.
- The founder may only have quick meals or peanut butter sandwiches until Hopelessness is lifted and the spouse is moved in.
- Sims may NOT put leftovers back in the fridge
- Sims may not stock fish or vegetables in the fridge, even if The Amazing Naturalist has been cleared.
- Sims may not prepare or eat Autumn Salad, even if amazing naturalist has been cleared.
- Sims may not buy food at the grocery store.
- Sims may not use the Picnic Basket or the Buffet Table.
- Sims may not use the fire pit to roast marshmallows, fish, vegetables or hot dogs.
- Sims pulling out baby bottles does NOT count against this limit and may be done as many times per day as needed.
- Feeding a toddler baby food in the high chair DOES count against the daily limit, however.
- Sims may not prepare, purchase or eat food on community lots.
- You may not grill food at the park or beach
- You may not eat at diners, bistros or restaraunts
- You may not use the “Delivery” menu on the phone to order Pizza or Chinese food.
- Sims may not hold food in inventory. Fish and vegetables are considered food. You have 8 sim hours after catching fish or harvesting vegetables to remove those items from your inventory by selling them, putting them in a storage chest or setting them on the ground if you can’t sell items yet.
- Sims may not purchase or use the birthday cake.
- Sims may not deliver food – either fresh fish, fresh harvested vegetables or prepared servings of any recipe to townies or NPC’s.
- Feeding any fish in bowls on the lot COUNTS as the family’s one meal of the day.
- Child sims may not use the toy oven to make baked goods..
- WORLD ADVENTURES
- Sims may not purchase food from food merchant registers
- LATE NIGHT
- Sims may not “Make Drinks” at juice bars, nor may they learn the Mixology skill or moonlight as mixologists.
- Sims may not get food from professional juice bars.
- Feeding any pets (dogs, cats, horses, or any of the small pets) counts as the family’s one meal of the day.
- You MAY purchase the ever full hay bale that does not need to be replenished for your horses.
- LIFETIME REWARD RESTRICTIONS
- Sims may not use the food replicator lifetime reward, nor may they purchase Hardly Hungry or Discount Diner lifetime rewards.
Once a culinary master emerges from the household, they invent new ways to preserve food, and better ways to cook the new genetically engineered food. They have learned to rewire home appliances so they can be used again. They also open up supply chains to coffee growers. All culinary restrictions are lifted.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the