I am planning on playtesting these rules for the Boolprop EPIC at some point soon – after I finish one or more of my current challenges. These are in the process of being converted from Sims 3 so are subject to change. The official rules can be found on Boolprop: Evolution & Progress in Change (EPIC): For Sims 4
- CC is fine, but using mods in a way that gives you unbalanced advantages is not.
- Due to a shortage of the availability of birth control, the world is overpopulated. The government puts strict limits in effect: Sims may only have one child per household.
- Homes are limited to one room in the house per occupant. For example, a house with just the founder will be a studio with everything open (half-walls are allowed, however). A house with the founder, his spouse, and his child can have a kitchen, a living room, and a bedroom. When the founder grows old and passes on, you do not have to delete a room now that you have one less sim in the house, but the next time you add a sim to the household, that existing room is claimed by the new sim, and another may not be added.
- There can only be one baby per generation, unless you randomly get twins/triplets (Fertile trait and On Ley Line lot traits are not allowed). If that happens, the eldest will be heir/heiress, and you may not control the others at all throughout their lives. Upon YA-hood, all non-heirs must move out immediately.
- The family may move to different towns or lots, but the room rule must apply, so if you move just your heir to a new lot, he’ll be back down to a one-room house again.
Generation 1 – Garden of Eden
- Must plant a garden on the lot. Founder should choose a lot with easy access to a fishing hole.
- House may only be wood or stone, with a dirt, stone, or wood floor. Wooden windows are allowed.
- Electricity has not yet been invented, so NO lights (except candles/torches) or electronics.
- Toilet must be placed outside, outhouse-style (except without the “house” part…so no walls enclosing it).
- No showers allowed, and the tub must be placed outside (I.E. filled with pond water).
- Since there is no running water, sprinklers may not be used.
- Only the cheapest washing machine is allowed, and no dryer (just the clothes line).
- Male founder or male spouse must enroll in the astronaut or gardening career. A female founder or female spouse must enroll in the culinary or gardening career.
- Women must have babies at home – NO hospital.
- No vacation travel (planes haven’t been invented yet).
- Can only gain athletic skill from the weight bench, jogging or swimming.
- 2nd generation heir must get to level 5 skill of two of the following before he/she becomes a YA: gardening, fishing, cooking.
- No phone use (they haven’t been invented yet). Must go to others’ houses to visit/meet someone. May travel within the town (through loading screens but not on vacation).
Gen 1 Mini Challenge:
- NO fridge allowed until the founder or spouse reaches level 10 of his/her chosen career. Sims must eat from their own garden. Before their garden is providing food, they will have to find others’ gardens from which to eat. +3 points
Generation 2 – Sound of Music
- Heir must choose between Music or Painting careers.
- Spouse may work in any of the listed jobs the heir did not choose, or culinary or gardening.
- Starting with the sims of generation 2, if the heir or spouse masters the painting skill, walls and floors may be any material. If this generation doesn’t complete this, it will be up to future generations to gain the necessary skill.
- Once heir reaches the top of the music or painting careers, radios are able to be purchased and used.
Gen 2 Mini Challenge:
- Make at least 1000 simoleans by busking. +3 points
Generation 3 – Let There Be Light
- Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Science career and becoming a self-employed Archaeologist.
- Only the archaeologist is allowed to travel to Selvadorada and only for work-related purposes, until reaching level 10 archaeology.
- Cannot take assignments by mail until reaching level 10 archaeology.
- Spouse may work in the field the heir did not choose, or any other previously unlocked profession.
- When the heir(ess) reaches the top of the archaeology or science career, the light bulb is invented and lights can now be placed. Phones may also be used, as well as telescopes;
- Sims may now use planes to travel to foreign lands;
- Indoor plumbing has been invented, so dishwashers, toilets and showers may now be placed indoors;
- Dryers of any quality may now be purchased, and you may now replace the cheap washer with an expensive one.
Gen 3 Mini Challenge
- Discover all potions and inventions during this generation (scientist). +3 points
- Discover all relics and assemble all totems (archaeologist). +3 points
Generation 4 – Sports & Entertainment
- Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Entertainment or Athletic career.
- The spouse may work in the field the heir(ess) did not choose, or any of the previously unlocked professions.
- Once the heir(ess) has reached the top of the entertainment or athletic career – televisions, cameras, cell phones, and arcade games are able to be purchased and used, as are workout machines.
Generation 5 – Crossroads: Criminal vs Law Enforcement
- Heir(ess) has a choice between the Criminal or Secret agent career.
- Spouse can ONLY choose one of the previously unlocked careers.
- If heir(ess) chooses the Criminal career track
- Every child born afterwards will need to be given the evil trait, until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the secret agent career.
- Once heir reaches top of criminal track, couples can have as many children as they want, because they’re used to breaking the law anyway.
- Proceed to Generation 6-b
- If heir(ess) chooses the Secret Agent track
- Every child born afterwards will need to be given the Self-Assured trait, until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the criminal.
- Secret agent track allows sims to purchase and use tablets.
- Proceed to generation 6-a
- IF HEIR(ESS) CHOOSES DETECTIVE: Detectives can choose to have high morals, which would conform with track A, or they can choose the more under-handed road, which would designate them onto track B. Less ethical detectives (the B track) are those who bribe or beat up sims for information, rather than befriending them. They steal objects from others and claim them as “evidence,” and blackmail other sims.
- Performing any of these actions forces the challenge onto the B track.
- Avoiding these and taking the high road allows the challenge to enter track A.
- Whichever kind of detective the heir(ess) decides to be has an effect on what kind of job his/her spouse must take.
- Moral detectives cannot have criminal spouses.
- Underhanded detectives cannot have law enforcement spouses.
Generation 6a – Make the World a Better Place
- Heir(ess) must join the Political career or the Social Media career. Spouse may enter the job the heir does not choose, or do any previously unlocked profession.
- After reaching top of Political or Social Media career, heir(ess) lifts the one child/family law, and smoke alarms are unlocked and able to be purchased.
- Once the heir(ess) reaches level 10 in the chosen career, the one room per sim restriction is lifted.
Generation 6b – It’s Just Business
- Heir(ess) must join Business career or Tech Guru career. Spouse may enter the job the heir does not choose, or any previously unlocked position.
- Once heir reaches level 10 of chosen career, computers and video games are able to be purchased and used.
Generation 7a – Caring for Others
- Heir(ess) must choose between Medical career or Tech Guru profession. Spouse may work in the field not chosen by the heir(ess), or any other previously unlocked profession.
- Once heir(ess) has reached the top level of chosen career, computers and video games are able to be purchased and used.
Generation 7b – Creative Thinking
- Heir(ess) must choose between Social Media or Writing career. Spouse may work in the field not chosen by the heir(ess), or any other previously unlocked profession.
- Once the heir(ess) reaches level 10 in the chosen career, the one room per sim restriction is lifted.
Generation 8a – Serving the Public: Social Media or Journalism
- Heir(ess) must choose between Critic or Journalism career tracks.
- Spouse may work In the field not chosen by the heir(ess), or any other previously unlocked profession.
Generation 8b – Serving the Public: Journalism or Medical
- Heir(ess) must choose between Journalism or Medical careers. Spouse may work in the field not chosen by the heir, or any other previously unlocked profession.
- Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 of chosen career, smoke alarms are able to be purchased.
Generation 9a – Full Circle: Criminal
- Heir(ess) must join the Criminal career. Spouse may do any previously unlocked career.
- Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 in criminal career, the “Ambitious or Perfectionist” trait is no longer required for each child.
Generation 9b – Full Circle: Law Enforcement
- Heir(ess) must join the Secret Agent career. Spouse may do any previously unlocked career.
- Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 in law enforcement, the “Evil” trait is no longer required for each child.
Generation 10 – Go Out With A Bang
- Heir(ess) must have 10 biological children.
- All children must live with the heir(ess), and all toddlers must reach level 3 in all skills before their child birthdays.
You may pick and choose from these to custom-create your own challenge….or try to do as many as you can for the most points!
Roll the Dice:
- Give yourself 5 extra points if you randomize traits of all children for the whole challenge (minus the required traits following the crossroads). You can still do this mini-challenge if you choose to have a passed-down family trait, as long as you roll for all the rest of the traits besides the family trait.
“Every family has one…”:
- This mini challenge is in addition to the Roll the Dice challenge. Give yourself 1 point for each sim who rolls the Erratic trait.
Business is Booming:
- Every three generations, the family must purchase as many businesses (retail, dining, or vet) as they are able to, bringing their funds down to almost nothing. Businesses, once purchased, may not be sold, and must be maintained and, if possible, upgraded to the highest level. 5 points
“No well-behaved woman ever made history.”:
- Can you make your challenge into a Matriarchy? Must use strawberries to try and give birth to girls so each generation can have an heiress. The use of mods to tamper with gender does not count! 10 points
A Man’s World:
- Can you make your challenge into a Patriarchy? Must use carrots to try and give birth to boys so each generation has a male heir. The use of mods to tamper with gender does not count! 10 points
- Give yourself one point for each gnome on the family lot by the end of the challenge. Additionally, give yourself one point for each TYPE of gnome the family has collected. These are the gnomes you will receive during HarvestFest so do not cancel the holiday!
- An extra 10 points for each completed collection the family has ON the lot at the end of the challenge.
- Elders may not be controlled directly throughout the challenge. 5 points
Doing it the Hard Way:
- Give yourself 10 points if you did not use any aspiration rewards during the challenge.
- 3 points for each type of creature which joins your family’s household at any point in the challenge (Ghost, Vampire, Alien).
- If you have a sim in the painting career, every 3rd piece of artwork MUST be placed somewhere in the home. 5 points
- 10 points if you start the challenge with a pet (or the founder adopts one) and carry its line all the way until the end.
- No handyman may be called at any time during the challenge; all broken appliances, plumbing, and electronics must be fixed by someone in the household. No maid or butler may be hired. Nannies are not allowed, but daycare is – you have to work, after all. 5 points
Love the One You’re With:
- 5 points if all spouses are found within the town and not created for the heir(ess) in CAS.
A Life of Secrecy:
- Founder and each following heir(ess) must be a vampire. They must guard this secret closely, and so may not make ANY friends other than potential spouses. May not use “Suck up to Boss” or “Chat with Coworkers” from the work dropdowns (or any similar option that raises relationships at work). Must have the family trait of Loner, and each child born into the house must receive this trait at the earliest opportunity. Spouses do NOT need to be made into vampires, but they can be. 10 points
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the