2013 Tournament Finale: the 4×4 Golden Opportunity – ended December 8, 2013
The whole “4” theme is pretty hot right now on the Challenge board — the 4×4 Dynasty just kicked off, Blackrosea’s Thank You for Your Service challenge is also starting today and involves playing in 4 different worlds, and of course the forum just celebrated its 4th anniversary. So, in keeping with the number 4 firmly planted in everyone’s brain, it’s time to revisit the 2011 Tournament Finale: the 4×4 Golden Opportunity. The rules are pretty much the same—seeking out those very profitable opportunities, but the team did a little brainstorming and added a few extra restrictions this time around to make it tougher.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 4 Young Adult Sims.
- No adding to the household, including Butlers.
- The Ghost life state is banned for your household.
- Ghost potions are banned.
- The Brain Enhancing Machine is banned.
- The Quantum Power Suit is banned.
- If any of your Sims die, it’s game over.
- The Free the Genie opportunity cannot be completed.
- For an opportunity to count towards your total it must fill a standard slot: career, skill, or special.
- No transfiguration table (XL Carter).
- The Move Objects On cheat is banned.
- Your household is allowed 16 total days vacation (University and Time Travel would also be considered vacation). Use them however you wish. Each household member on vacation deducts one day — i.e. 3 Sims on a 3-day vacation = 9 days spent.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 12 weeks (Week 12, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
This challenge is all about completing opportunities that pay well and then basically figuring out which 4 opportunities for each Sim paid the most. Each score (Sim # Ops) is based on total money one Sim receives from completing 4 uniquely named opportunities (no duplicates between your Sims). Be on your toes and have a piece of paper right next to you at the end of an opportunity because the amount paid out flies up the screen pretty quickly.
Chained opportunities are to be treated as separate opportunities — i.e. you cannot add up the money received from a 4 opportunity chain and count it as one opportunity.
Add up the 4 scores for your Total, but DO NOT list the names of your ops when posting your scores. In case the challenge team needs any clarifications on your score you are required to keep a record of your opportunity names and their payouts.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the