You have only 36 days to acquire as many Romantic Interests as possible.
First Things First
- Stating your intent to participate is mandatory. You will then be added to the leaderboard.
- Any and all expansion content is acceptable, including anything from the new Ambitions expansion.
- Practicing ahead of time is fine. But, once you create characters for the real deal, that’s it—you are allowed a single attempt for score.
- You must be patched up to the most current EA patch.
- No cheats or modifications allowed.
- Exiting without saving to avoid a mistake or an unfortunate occurrence (i.e. burglar or fire) is cheating.
- Create 1 Young Adult Sim (game length = Long) in a brand new Sunset Valley, Riverview, or Twinbrook neighborhood. The Edit Town screen is off limits.
- The single exception to entering Edit Town is Twinbrook players can add the Book Corral to the town library.
- Aging must be left on and Freewill must be on High.
- No other Sims can be added to your Household.
The Romantic Interests
- Male, Female, Young Adult to Elder…there are no restrictions as to who can be a Romantic Interest. Except one…
- Each succeeding Romantic Interest — including all ones in World Adventures’ locations — must come after the previous Romantic Interest in the alphabet. Example…
- …Pauline Wan just became a Romantic Interest with your Sim. Agnes Crumplebottom would not be able to become a Romantic Interest after Pauline. But, a Sim named Tex Xander would fall after Pauline’s name and would qualify. First names also apply to the alphabetical rule — if Pauline had a sister named Shirley (Wan), she would be eligible to become a Romantic Interest after Pauline.
- You have one pass through the alphabet — A to Z. You do not need to start with A’s. You can begin with any letter as long as you progress alphabetically.
- When you get to the end of your alphabet you cannot return to the A’s.
Additional Restrictions and Info
- The Moodlet Manager is banned.
- Total vacation time is restricted to 18 days.
- As always, discussing strategy on how to achieve certain goals in this thread is not allowed. If you’re unsure — don’t say anything.
- This challenge ends after 18 town days (Week 3, Day 4, 11:59 PM) and 18 total vacation days.
Romantic Interests — Open up your Sim’s Relationships tab when the game clock reads Week 3, Day 4, 11:59 PM. You’ll find the game clock in the white rectangle directly below a Sim’s LTW box. Count the total number of Romantic Interests in the tab and give yourself a single point for each one.
Post your result in this thread and I’ll update the table.
This Event is Now Closed
Challenge Begins: July 9
Challenge Ends: September 19
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the