Prerequisites – Supernatural Expansion
‘“One death is a tragedy. 1,000 deaths are a statistic. Stop bothering me before you become a statistic” –The Grim Reaper
With the death toll in the thousands, the grim reaper has been pulling long shifts. He is so tired of hearing pleas he has stopped bargaining for the dead. The whole region has become haunted with angry spirits. Your sims have been overwhelmed by the restless spirits rattling pans and eating all the food in the fridge. Some might try to take the hauntings on head on and become a ghost hunter. Others, seeing a quick profit to be had from frightened people, choose to pass themselves off as spirtual seers, even though they might not entirely believe in the supernatural realms. Still others have great empathy for the dead and desire to see them finally laid peacefully to rest. Any way you slice it, something MUST be done to sooth the fears in the community and calm all the paranormal activity that has been keeping the populace up all night.
- Sims may not plead with the Grim Reaper
- Sims may not have death flowers in their inventory.
- Sims may not keep life fruit or elixirs that extend life span in their inventories, nor may they store them in their refrigerators or cook with life fruit.
- Sims may not catch the deathfish. They cannot even fish where a deathfish might spawn.
- A family Sim’s grave or urn may not be moved from where it originally appears. It may NOT be moved to the grave yard
- Sims ARE ALLOWED to manage the dead at the museum to place townie graves in the grave yard if Military has been cleared.
- Graves and urns may not be placed into inventory.
- Sims may not take a tour of or explore the Catacombs at the mausoleum.
- Sims may not mourn at graves or hold funerals.
- Only Sims in the Fortune Teller career may give psychic readings
- LIFETIME REWARD RESTRICTIONS
- Sims may not purchase the Moodlet Manager, Change of Taste, Change Lifetime Wish or Mid-Life Crisis lifetime rewards.
Once a sim from the household has become an accomplished fortune telling scam artist, they begin to perform rituals to calm down the angry spirits. With the spirits of the dead calmed, the reaper can take a much needed vacation and is much more willing to bargain with Sims upon his return. The Paranormal Profiteer restrictions are lifted. In addition, you do not have to sell and replace beds for the Life of Crime restriction any longer, as the cult leader has convinced the mob that doing so will anger the spirits. Graves may be moved to any spot on the lot, even if the political restriction has not been lifted. The special police of the mayor does not dare interrupt the cult’s funeral rituals.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the