House Hunters II – ended July 31, 2014
It’s hard to believe that the first House Hunters Challenge was four years ago in the summer of 2010. It was a fun event, so we’re bringing it back for a final time. The goal is pretty much the same—buy as many houses as you can in two Sim weeks with each new house needing to be more valuable than the last. Happy hunting!
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 2 Young Adult Sims. All life states are fine.
- Pets in CAS or adopting after going into Live Mode are both fine, but no other household additions.
- At the start of the challenge you choose an empty furnished home to live in.
- The forum’s Union Cove world is banned.
- The Edit Town screen is completely off limits.
- No intentional killing of Sims.
- You can never leave your town—no traveling/no University.
- You can never enter Build Mode.
- Purchasing items from stores or Buy Mode is fine, but homes cannot be altered in any way—no moving, deleting, upgrading, or leaving anything on the lot at moving time**. So, for example you can buy a painting easel and place it, but nothing can be moved in order to place it and when it’s time to move the easel is packed in Family Inventory.
- **In the rare event of a disaster (i.e., meteor, fire, burglary) you are allowed to replace a lost item with an identical item.
- All homes you live in must be different and each home you move into must be worth more than the last.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 2 weeks (Week 2, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
When you want to move click on the Smart Phone in your Inventory and choose Real Estate and Travel Services > Move > Within this Neighborhood.
Move your Sim that is not making the phone call from the left side to the right side. Note the worth (write it down on a sheet of paper) of your existing home at the bottom left of the dialog box. Make sure to check the Sell Furniture button. On the right side at the bottom click House…and then when the destination screen comes up you select a home that must cost more than the worth of your existing home. Once you select an eligible home click Accept and the game automatically shuffles your two Sims on their way.
Total Worth — This is the total worth of all homes your two Sims lived in during the two weeks of the challenge. Keep accurate notes and jot down the worth of each home as you move. Right before the challenge ends you need to obtain the worth of your last home. Use your phone to bring up the Move dialog box (but do not select a new home) in order to obtain the value of your last home. Remember to pack up everything into Family Inventory that you put on the lot of your last home when you assess the value.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the