You’ll really need to “get moving” in this challenge…literally. Your 2 Sims will be moving and moving quite often—never satisfied for long with their digs and always striving to live in a nicer house.
First Things First
- Stating your intent to participate is mandatory. You will then be added to the leaderboard.
- Practicing ahead of time is fine. But, once you create characters for the real deal, that’s it—you are allowed a single attempt for score.
- You must be patched up to the most current EA patch.
- No cheats or modifications allowed.
- Exiting without saving to avoid a mistake or an unfortunate occurrence (i.e. burglar or fire) is cheating.
- Create 2 Young Adult Sims w/ Long Lifespan in a brand new Sunset Valley or Riverview neighborhood. The Edit Town screen is off limits.
- You can never enter BUILD mode.
- Freewill must be on High and Story Progression must be checked.
- The Mooch and Kleptomaniac traits are banned.
- No other Sims can be added to your Household other than offspring.
Moving/Playing a House
- Each move must be to a different house and any house you move into must have a greater value than the house you’re moving out of. You’ll find your house’s value in the lower left portion of the Move screen. Check out the Moving Article on the Guide.
- You can’t move or change anything (including upgrades) for each house/lot. You can only add value to each house with ONE purchased object that has to stay on the lot or in the house. In addition, you are forbidden to change any public/private lot in your neighborhood.
- Your ONE object cannot be a replacement or upgrade for any existing object in a house.
- Any reward object must stay in Personal or Family Inventory untouched.
Additional Restrictions and Info
- The Moodlet Manager is banned.
- Vacations are banned.
- The Painting and Guitar exploits are banned. Full compositions must be performed and full duration must take place for all paintings.
- As always, discussing strategy on how to achieve certain goals in this thread is not allowed. If you’re unsure — don’t say anything.
- This challenge is a 50-day event and ends on Week 8, Day 1, 11:59PM. You’ll find the game clock in the white rectangle directly below a Sim’s LTW box.
Total Worth—This is the total value of all homes sold in the challenge. Look on the left side of the Move screen and you’ll see a Value for the home you’re moving out of. Jot that down and remember that the one object you purchase needs to stay behind. You’ll always have the Sell Furniture button checked, and not Pack Furniture. For your last house you will obviously not be moving, but you can “pretend” you are moving by calling before the challenge ends and writing down the worth of your house on the left side of the Move screen. It’s mandatory to go back into Live mode after you purchase your final object, and getting your last house’s worth via the Move screen accomplishes that.
This Event is Closed
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the