We’re bringing back a very old event from July of 2010, Following Romantic Interests to the Letter. That original event was scored with simply how many Romantic Interests you could accumulate. We’re kicking it up a notch and requiring any scored Sim to be a Lovebird. Plus if you’re willing to put in the time to take your score higher you can make attempts at gold medal dates. Of course we are staying true to the original event and requiring each of your Sim’s succeeding love interest’s names fall further down the alphabet.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 1 Young Adult Sim.
- All Popularity Aspirations are banned.
- All Love Aspirations are banned.
- No household additions.
- Moving is not allowed.
- You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
- No life extension methods allowed.
- Each successive Lovebird for your Sim must fall further down the line alphabetically than the previous one. In a situation where two Sims have different last names, like Bella Goth and Nancy Landgraab, then Bella needs to be your Sim’s Lovebird before Nancy. If your Sim has plans to pursue two Sims with the same last name – i.e. Dina and Nina Caliente, then refer to their first name as to who must come first in the romance department.
- If your Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
- This challenge concludes when your Sim ages up to Adult.
Lovebirds — Press R (Relationship Panel) at the end of the challenge and then filter your list by Pressing the Romantic tab. Count how many individual Sims are Lovebirds and give yourself 1 point for qualifying Sims. NOTE: Lovers, Sweethearts, and Soulmates also qualify given their relationship strength is higher than simply Lovebirds.
GMD — Gold Medal Dates. This is a multiplier for gold medal dates you achieve with your Lovebirds. Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00 and for every gold medal date you achieve you add 5% (.05) to your score. You may only score one gold medal date for any given Sim.
Total — Just multiply your Lovebird points by your GMD multiplier for your Total.
Here’s an example:
Your Sim turns Adult and it’s time to stop your file. You click the Relationship tab (R) and then filter with the Romantic button. Mouse over all those in the Romantic panel and count how many Sims are Lovebirds. Let’s say, for example, you have 15 Lovebirds.
As your playing your challenge file you need to keep good notes and if you achieved gold medal status on dates, so you look at your notes and see that you were able to get 10 gold medal dates for your 15 Lovebirds.
Lovebirds = 15 Sims = 15 points
GMD = 10. 10 X .05 = .50. Final GMD = 1.00 + .50 = 1.50
Total = 15 X 1.50 = 22.50
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the