Metro’s Haven—Yes You Can! – ended July 21, 2013
Every once in awhile we loosen the rules and allow players to use static needs and Buydebug. Rica approached me a couple months ago and said we should do two skill events in tandem that were sort of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde kind of thing going on— a yin and a yang. So, this is what we present…I am the teddy bear on the forum so I got the easy one…Rica typically has the firmer hand so she jumped at the chance of penning the meat grinder version. Enjoy.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 2 Young Adult Sims and a Pet (Pets are not mandatory, so you can still score your 2 Sims if you do not have the Pets expansion).
- The only life state restriction is Sims are not allowed to become mermaids.
- No restrictions on adding to the household but only your 3 starting members will be scored.
- All skill points in any given skill must be unique to one of your 3 starting members —i.e. if Sim A has 1 point in cooking, then cooking if totally off limits for the other 2 scoring members (but not other household members that would not be scored).
- 14 days University/travel allowed for each scoring Sim.
- You are allowed to turn on Make Needs Static at the mailbox AFTER a scoring household member has maxed a skill.
- You may purchase ONE skilling object using the Buydebug cheat after a scoring household member has completed a skill challenge. Only skilling objects may be purchased with Buydebug. Non Buydebug skilling objects have no purchase restrictions.
- Make Needs Static and Buydebug are the only allowed cheats for this challenge.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 4 weeks (Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
Note: Only your 3 starting members can be scored.
Maxed Skills — At the conclusion of the challenge, pause your game and look at your notes. Any maxed skill = 1000 points.
Skill Points — For any skill that is not maxed give yourself 50 points per skill level.
Challenges — Everyone begins with a Challenges multiplier of 1.00. Completing Skill Challenges adds 5% (.05) to the multiplier. Important: You can add to the multiplier by completing the various Collecting and Consignment challenges — just remember that those two skills are not true skills that can be maxed.
Total — Add up your Maxed Skills and your Skill Points and then multiply by the Challenges.
Let’s go through an example: The challenge comes to an end and you pause your game. At that point you have maxed 13 skills. You have 5 other non-maxed skills with 30 total skill points. Finally, you were able to complete 15 skill challenges.
13 maxed skills = 13000
30 skill points in non-maxed skills = 1500
15 skill challenges X .05 = .75. Final multiplier = 1.00 + .75 = 1.75.
Total = (13000 + 1500) X 1.75 = 25375
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the