You might say this challenge is unrewarding…literally — no rewards can be purchased. Bad things will happen — in fact, misfortunes are exactly the things that will boost your score. So, good luck to your sorry Sims.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create one Young Adult.
- No adding to the household.
- No moving.
- No purchasing any Satisfaction rewards.
- Intentionally killing any Sim is not allowed.
- You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
- You are allowed to add one Maxis-made spa venue to Willow Creek, Oasis Spring, Magnolia Promenade, or Newcrest. Choose between these four: Perfect Balance Spa, Center of Center Massage, Aham Ashram Yoga Studio, or Luxe Health Club. Choose wisely which spa venue you want to add, no changing after you start your game.
- This challenge ends when your Sim turns Elder.
Scoring is a little more involved than most events, but plug everything into Lena’s spreadsheet and you’ll be golden.
Skill — After your Sim unlocks a skill (level 1) for every additional skill level your Sim achieves: 1 pt.
Asp — For every Aspiration Milestone your Sim achieves: 2 pts.
Job — For every job promotion your Sim achieves: 3 pts.
Promotion to a level in a career can only be counted once in that career.
SM — This is your Stats Multiplier. Everyone starts with a 1.00 multiplier and can add to it depending on Misfortunes which are nicely tracked in the Stats section of the Simology tab. Anything in the Misfortunes section adds 2% (.02) to your multiplier.
Total — Add together Skill, Asp, and Job. Then multiply that by SM.
Example: This event’s scoring is a little more involved than usual, but as always Lena has come through and made a spreadsheet to help everyone out. Thank you, Lena. So, your Sim turns Elder and you pause your game. At that point you have achieved 20 skill levels (not counting the initial skill unlock at level 1). You have also attained 12 Aspiration milestones, and received 14 job promotions. Next, you open up your Stats panel and note a total of 20 Misfortunes.
20 Skill levels X 1 pt = 20
12 Aspiration Milestones X 2 pts = 24
14 Job promotions X 3 pts = 42
SM (Misfortunes): 20 X .02 = .40
Final SM = 1.00 + .40 = 1.40
Total = (20+ 24 + 42) X 1.40 = 120.4 (drop the decimal when posting)
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the