Oh Snap—the Photography Challenge is Back! – ended May 26, 2013
We’re bringing back the photography event from two years ago. With more expansions and more photo collections now possible it should be even more interesting. Scoring components are unchanged—the core of this photography event is how much money you make from photography. And like before you are restricted to 250 total photographs, so you really have to think about your shots as well as completing photo collections in the skill journal which acts as the multiplier and greatly increases your score.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 1 Young Adult Sim.
- Your file must be played in Sunset Valley.
- No restrictions to adding to the household.
- Your photographer is the only household member allowed to call for a vacation or go to University. He’s alloted 9 total days of vacation/University—however you want to break it up is fine.
- One additional household member may join your photographer on any vacation.
- Your photographer is limited to a Photographs Taken stat of 250. No more.
- Ansel Adams is ready to help you. Everyone gets 7 free Ansel Adams Master Shots of anything in the game — is your camera/Smartphone driving you crazy and not registering something that would complete a collection? Cash in an Ansel Master Shot. 7 free shots to use however you like. No more.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 4 weeks (Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
Money Earned — At the conclusion of the challenge, open up your photographer’s skill journal and note the Money Earned stat.
Collections — The Collections component is the scoring multiplier. As always, everyone begins with a multiplier of 1.00. If you have completely finished a collection in the skill journal you can add 5% to your multiplier (.05). Don’t forget about your 7 free Ansel Adams Master Shots to help finish more collections.
Total — Jot down your Money Earned from Photography and multiply that figure by the Collections Multiplier. As an example, let’s say your photography skill journal says you earned $200,000 from photography. You also completed the Still Life, Family & Friends, and Everyday Moments collections. 3 completed collections = 3 X .05 = .15. Your final multiplier is 1.00 + .15 = 1.15.
Total = $200,000 X 1.15 = 230,000
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the