Raising as much money as possible from Campaign Fundraisers and discovering Sims’ traits are the two big tasks in this Political career challenge. You also receive a special bonus for befriending and learning all traits of certain NPCs. Be quick though…this is a very short challenge.
- Stating your intent to participate is mandatory. You will then be added to the leaderboard.
- You may practice ahead of time as much as you want to get your bearings and strategy down. But, once you create characters for the real deal, that’s it—you are allowed a single attempt for score.
- You must be patched up to the most current EA patch.
- No cheats or modifications allowed.
- Create 2 Young Adult Sims w/Normal or Long Lifespan (relationship does not matter) in a brand new neighborhood. Make sure to leave Freewill on High at all times.
- One Sim must enter the Political career. The other Sim can serve any need you wish, but cannot be in the Political career.
- No other Sims can be played (and no kids allowed).
- Move your Sims into an existing house or build one yourself to start. You are never allowed to move and cannot switch Active Households in the Edit Town screen.
- Use of the Moodlet Manager is banned.
- You are allowed ONE vacation.
- This challenge is only 30 days and ends on Week 5, Day 2, 11:59PM. You’ll find the game clock in the white rectangle directly below a Sim’s LTW box.
- As always, discussing strategy on how to achieve certain goals in this thread is not allowed. If you’re unsure — don’t say anything.
You are only allowed to throw Campaign Fundraiser parties on the weekend (Saturday/Sunday). Also, you can never end Campaign Fundraisers early. They must run for their entire length.
Campaign$—Total money received from all Campaign Fundraisers over the course of the challenge. Divide the sum by 1000 and round to the nearest whole number. For example, 367,952 / 1000 = 367.9. Round to 368. Tip: Ignore individual donation announcements as guests leave your party. Just make sure to jot down the final total for each party when the party is over. Be quick and have a pen in your hand—the announcements don’t stay on the screen very long.
Traits—Open your Charisma Skill Journal and note the Traits Learned stat.
Add Campaign$ and Traits together. Then multiply the result by…
NPC—The NPC score is a multiplier, so it will greatly affect your final score. Everyone starts the challenge with a multiplier of 1.00. Then, with each NPC that you discover all traits AND become Best Friends with add 5% to your multiplier.
Qualifying Sunset Valley/Riverview NPCs:
- Mail Carrier
- Newspaper Delivery
- Pizza Delivery
- Science Geek
- Repair Technician
Qualifying World Adventures’ NPCs:
- World Adventures’ Cashiers
- World Adventures’ Special Merchants
NOTE: Different NPCs serving the same role count as different NPCs, so make sure to jot down NPC names as well.
Example: Continuing with the above example of a total of $368 from Campaign Fundraisers after dividing by 1000 and rounding, you open your Charisma Skill Journal and see 238 Traits Learned. $368 + 238 = 606. Now, you multiply this by NPC. Let’s say when time runs out you have learned all traits and become Best Friends with 9 different NPCs. Your multiplier is 1.45 (5% bonus for each one). Final score = 606 X 1.45 = 878 (rounding to nearest whole number).
This Event is Now Closed
There are several resources that will aid you in this challenge: Check out the Political Career and Leader of the Free World walkthroughs and well as the Charisma Skill Guide article. Finally, you can brush up on a few party throwing tips in the How to Throw a Great Party Guide article.
Good luck to everyone!
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the