Rica’s Asylum—Oh, No You Don’t! – ended August 18, 2013
Every once in a while we loosen the rules and allow players to use static needs and Buydebug. This is not one of those times. This is the complete opposite of one of those times. Dr. Metro Jekyll can have all the cheaters. Mrs. Hyde wants to know how well our tournament players can do when you take away all the little toys & tricks. Just how much can you accomplish while still having to handle ALL of a Sim’s needs plus the challenge.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. Exceptions are noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 2 Normal Young Adult Siblings with the following traits: Absent-Minded, Coward, Grumpy, Hates the Outdoors, Never Nude.
- Create 1 Pet with the following traits: Aggressive, Clueless, Piggy. (Optional)
- Your Sims may only live at 53 Waterfall Way in Sunset Valley.
- You cannot build a home and you cannot move — outdoor living only. You cannot have a basement. The Hates the Outdoors moodlet “Plagued by Nature” must always be present while on home lot.
- Game Option Changes — 28 day Summer only. Moon set to Waxing Gibbous. All weather disabled. No Supernaturals. No Celebrities.
- Seasons players — Once you have placed your starting household, turn on testingcheatsenabled and then Shift+Click the ground. Choose “Seasons” then “Set Temperature”. Temperature should be set to 75 degrees Fahrenheit or 24 degrees Celsius.
- The Familyfunds cheat has to be used to set starting income to §1000. If you have University Life & World Adventures, cameras in inventory must be sold prior to setting family funds. For instructions on how to do this, see the Immortal Dynasty ruleset. Make sure testingcheatsenabled is turned off immediately after the money is set.
- ResetSim is absolutely not allowed unless you absolutely know with 100% certainty that there is a stuck Sim in your town. ResetSim * is only ever allowed to be used at 4:00 AM (04:00).
- EA and Union Cove lots that come with a subway or a register that is not a consignment register are banned from being placed in Sunset Valley.
- Life states can never change.
- Your starting Sims and pet are the only ones allowed to be in the household. If one of them dies, they cannot be resurrected/bound.
- Going on Vacation or to University is not allowed.
- Lifetime Rewards cannot be purchased except Young Again Potion for pets.
- Elixirs and potions can be made but are not allowed to be used on any Sims in your household except for the one mentioned above.
- Friendship Elixirs are banned from use period.
- Mixology drinks can be made but never consumed by a Sim in the household.
- Herbs and Coffee beans can be grown but cannot be consumed or used in bonfires.
- No Maids, Butlers, Bonehilda, Brain Enhancing Machines, Transfiguration, Ambrosia, Praising/Scolding of Pets, Orb of Answers, Jelly Bean Bush, Electric Guitar, MoveObjects, Unicorns, Megaphone, Subways.
- Players must watch the playing Sim while performing songs on an instrument.
- Only homegrown Omniplants are allowed to be used by your Sims.
- Relationship Transmorgifier can only be used to make Sims Romantic Interests or Partners. All other relationship options are off limits.
- All items sold at the consignment shop & grocery store must be made/caught/planted by your Sims.
- The Group Science Project must remain in household inventory at all times.
- The only real estate allowed to be purchased are businesses.
- Your two Sims may not work on the same skills or complete the same skill challenges. (Mushroom challenge is only exception)
- Traits gained by Social Groups must be left blank.
- Architecture career is off-limits.
- All sleeping/napping must be done on home lot.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 12 weeks (Week 12, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
Scoring for this challenge is simple. Every maxed skill and skill point by a household member are awarded points. Completed Skill challenges are used as a multiplier.
Maxed Skills — At the conclusion of the challenge, pause your game and look at your notes. Any maxed skill = 1000 points.
Skill Points — For any skill that is not maxed give yourself 50 points per skill level.
Challenges — Everyone begins with a Challenges multiplier of 1.00. Completing Skill Challenges adds 5% (.05) to the multiplier. Important: You can add to the multiplier by completing the various Collecting and Consignment challenges — just remember that those two skills are not true skills that can be maxed.
Total — Add up your Maxed Skills and your Skill Points and then multiply by the Challenges.
Let’s go through an example: The challenge comes to an end and you pause your game. At that point you have maxed 13 skills. You have 5 other non-maxed skills with 30 total skill points. Finally, you were able to complete 15 skill challenges.
13 maxed skills = 13000
30 skill points in non-maxed skills = 1500
15 skill challenges X .05 = .75. Final multiplier = 1.00 + .75 = 1.75.
Total = (13000 + 1500) X 1.75 = 25375
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the