Both of your Sims attempt to max out 4 different careers to earn a “grand slam.” It’s a race against the clock and completing Career Opportunities improves your finish time.
- Stating your intent to participate is mandatory. You will be added to the leader board after posting your intent to participate.
- After stating your intent you may practice ahead of time as much as you want to get your bearings and your strategy down. But, once you create characters for the real deal, that’s it — you are allowed a single attempt for score.
- You must be patched up to the most current EA patch.
- No cheats or modifications allowed.
- Create 2 Young Adult Sims (Long Lifespan) in brand new neighborhood. Their relationship/gender does not matter. Having children is fine, but you cannot switch Active Households in the Edit Town screen.
- Move your Sims into an existing house or build one yourself to start. You are allowed to move at any time.
- Use of the Moodlet Manager is banned.
- Your two Sims must pursue completely different careers with no overlap (one Sim chooses careers A, B, C, D, the other Sim chooses E, F, G, H).
- If either Sim chooses a two-track career, only one of the tracks can be maxed.
- Completing any Career Opportunity improves your final score (see Scoring). Keep accurate notes.
- Skill Opportunities and Special Opportunities have no impact on your score.
- The Challenge ends when both of your Sims have completed their Grand Slam.
- As always, discussing strategy on how to achieve certain goals in this thread is not allowed. If you’re unsure — don’t say anything.
Grand Slam — Most likely, your two Sims will not finish their Grand Slams on the same day. One of your Sims will be faster and finish before the other. So, your Grand Slam score is the Weeks/Day when your slower Sim achieves their Grand Slam. You’ll find the game clock in the white rectangle directly below a Sim’s LTW box.
Career Opportunities — Each completed Career Opportunity subtracts .25 days from your time. So, the more Career Opportunities you complete, the faster your time will be.
Post your final results in this thread. Sample post: “My two Sims finished their Grand Slams on Week 6, Day 4 (no need to mention hours and minutes) and completed 27 Career Opportunities.”
I’ll take care of the rest for the total.
Challenge Begins: March 5
Challenge Ends: May 16
The Carl’s Sims 3 Guide Career Section should prove most helpful to anyone mapping out their strategy in this event. Good luck to everyone!
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the