You can use Make Needs Static to cheat your way out of your 3 Elders using the toilet, eating, and sleeping, but they still can’t cheat death! Your 3 Elder Sims have, on average, only 2 weeks to try and max as many skills as possible and accomplish skill challenges.
First Things First
- Stating your intent to participate is mandatory. You will then be added to the leaderboard.
- Practicing ahead of time is fine. But, once you create characters for the real deal, that’s it—you are allowed a single attempt for score.
- You must be patched up to the most current EA patch.
- The only cheats allowed are those specifically mentioned. No modifications.
- Exiting without saving to avoid a mistake or an unfortunate occurrence (i.e. burglar or fire) is cheating.
- Create 3 Elder Sims (game length = Normal) in a brand new Sunset Valley, Riverview, or Twinbrook neighborhood. You can only play/remodel stock neighborhood houses or build one yourself from scratch. The Edit Town screen is off limits.
- Game length = Normal. I know I just said it above, but it’s crucial to this event and bears repeating.
- The single exception to entering Edit Town is Twinbrook players can add the Book Corral to the town library.
- Aging must be left on and Freewill must be on High.
- No other Sims can be added to your Household*.
- *A Sim working on inventing, is allowed to make a SimBot and immediately release it into the community.
Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater
- Yes, you can cheat in this event — but read the following very carefully, so you’re clear. Only two different types of cheats are allowed:
- Cheat #1 — Open the cheats panel (press Control-Shift-C) and type: testingcheatsenabled true
- Press the Return key.
- Shift click your mailbox and select Make Needs Static. You’re allowed to use this cheat as little or as much as you see fit. But, remember — you can’t reload your game if you forget to use it.
- Cheat #2 — Open the cheats panel again (Control-Shift-C) and type: buydebug
- Click Buy mode and then select Sort by Function. Click on the ? button (Debug). Open the Plants button and place 3 Death Plants on your lot.
- After you begin your game immediately harvest these 3 plants and place one Death Flower in each of your Sim’s inventories. If for whatever reason you cannot immediately harvest any of the plants, then delete them and try placing new Death Plants. Repeat until you have 3 Death Flowers to distribute.
- All Debug items are then off limits until you max a skill.
- You are allowed to use the buydebug cheat for a single object for each maxed skill. Anything listed in Buydebug is fair game, so you don’t need to ask if it’s okay. Just remember — it’s ONLY a reward after one of your Elders has maxed a skill.
Additional Restrictions and Info
- Absolutely no life-extending tricks. These include: eating life fruit, eating Ambrosia, playing a game of chess with Grim as outlined here, purchasing a sarcophagus in an effort to become a mummy, and getting tattoos and make-overs.
- The Vegetarian trait is banned.
- The Moodlet Manager is banned (You won’t need it anyway).
- Vacations are banned.
- Eating at any restaurant is banned.
- Using a Time Machine is banned.
- As always, discussing strategy on how to achieve certain goals in this thread is not allowed. If you’re unsure — don’t say anything.
- This challenge ends after all three Elders have been visited by Grim. When one of your Sims is visited by Grim, the Death Flower will prevent Grim from taking their soul. As soon as Grim leaves, pause the game and note all Skill stats for the Sim. Make another Sim active. Then Shift-Click the Sim (testingcheatsenabled true needs to be active) that was visited by Grim to delete it.
- I understand that there’s variety built into exactly when Grim will come — it may be exactly 2 weeks for one Sim and slightly more or less time for the other Sims. That’s part of the fun of this event and will add a bit of tension and excitement.
Your 3 Elders must always pursue different skills from each other with no overlap. (Don’t forget that Inventing raises Handiness and Martial Arts raises Athletic.)
Skill Pts — Give yourself 5 points for any skill point acquired in a non-maxed skill.
Maxed Skills — If you max out a skill, then award yourself 100 points for that skill.
Grim’s Multiplier — Everyone starts with a Grim’s Multiplier of 1.00 and completing any Skill Challenge increases the multiplier by 25%. ALL skill challenges are allowed. IMPORTANT: Collecting and Consignment shop challenges DO count towards increasing your Grim’s Multiplier, but treat these as bonafide skills. In other words, only one Elder can pursue these challenges.
NOTE: The Consignment store challenge “Consignment Store Reputation” appears to be bugged. Sometimes it coincides with the reputation statistic and sometimes it does not. So, if the Reputation listed under Statistics = Impressive, then treat that as completing the challenge as well — even if the challenge is grayed out.
ANOTHER NOTE: The Vizard of Vine Nectar Making skill challenge may also be bugged. If you plan to have one of your Elders do this, then make sure they have the proper amount of homegrown grapes (400) needed for the challenge in their inventory. After the nectar is made you may take credit if the challenge is still grayed out.
(Also, I’m well aware that certain Skill Challenges will be impossible in the time frame of this event and with the vacation ban —i.e. Guitar Star and the Grandmaster Challenge for the Martial Arts tournament. Simply do as many as you can.)
So, let’s walk through an example: Say your 3 Elders maxed 10 skills, acquired 7 additional skill points and finished 9 Skill Challenges at the time Grim visited your 3rd and final Elder:
10 maxed skills = 1000 points.
7 additional skill points = 35 points.
9 skill challenges = 2.25 (.25 X 9). Grim’s Multiplier = 1.00 + 2.25 = 3.25
1035 X 3.25 = 3364 (rounded up to nearest whole number)
Post your results in this thread and I’ll update the table.
This Event is Now Closed
Challenge Begins: August 20
Challenge Ends: October 31
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the