Your Sims have probably read The Lord of the Swings and The Glutton Spiel. Now is their chance to check out The Cherry Lip Balm Caper and The Swift and the Angriest. If this is not the right challenge it’s unquestionably the write challenge as your author Sims will be reading and writing more than you thought possible.
Make as much money as possible from writing and the writing career by the time your Sim turns Elder
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create one Young Adult (Alien or Human is fine).
- You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions. Take the satellite with you if you move to prevent using Buydebug again.
- No adding to the household.
- Must complete Best-Selling Author Aspiration before changing. Be careful NOT to complete Fabulously Wealthy because the investment income is not allowed.
- Must finish reading a different book by midnight every day. If your Sim fails to do this, your challenge ends and you post your score at that point. Note: Skill Books DO NOT count towards this requirement.
- Must write a book in every genre** before starting a second book in a genre. For example, once you’ve written a children’s book, you’ll have to raise writing skill by some other means until you can begin a book of short stories. It also means that once you’ve written a children’s book, you’ll have to wait until your Sim has written something in every other genre before writing a second children’s book. Once one of every genre has been written, your sim may write from any genre.
**Genres: Children’s, Short Stories, Poems, Non-fiction, Screenplay, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Biography, Sad, Confident (Motivational), Playful, Flirty (Romance), Energized (Workout Guide).
- Can only make money from royalties, selling books, working in the Writer career (career is not required), and selling Writer career rewards.
- This challenge ends when your Sims turn Elder. Score is based solely on household funds at that time.
Household Funds — When your Sim turns Elder, pause your game and note your Household Funds in the bottom left of the game.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the