We’re Coming to Collect – ended September 15, 2013
As the name implies, this challenge is all about collections and trying to get 100% of the 8 different types of items in the Collection Journal. We’re tossing in the Unique Plants Planted and Fish Types Caught stats as well for those of you who can’t get enough of the great outdoors.
General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.
Specific Challenge Rules
- Create 1 Young Adult Sim (must be normal “human” life state).
- Changing life states after going to Live mode is banned.
- No pets allowed and no household additions.
- You will need to get at least one skill point in Fishing and Gardening to track the stats needed for scoring.
- You are allowed no more than 9 days vacation.
- No University time allowed.
- No consignment purchases. (Normal & Elixir)
- Grocery store and world market purchases are restricted to non collectible items.
- No use of Group Science Project from the Science Skill.
- No transfiguration.
- This challenge concludes at the end of 4 weeks (Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM).
When the game clock reads Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM pause your game and press J to open your Skill Journal. Click the butterfly icon and note the 8 different percentage statistics and simply add them up. You’ll also need to open up your Gardening tab for the Unique Plants Planted statistic and the Fishing tab for the Fish Types Caught statistic.
The second part of your score is the Collection Multiplier. Everyone starts with a CM of 1.00 and for any Collection Challenge that is completed, add 10% (.10) to the multiplier.
Total — simply add up the 8 different percentage statistics from the Collection tab as well as the Fishing and Gardening percentage stats and multiply that total by the CM for your final score.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the