The Wonder Child Challenge Rules
The Sims 4 Wonder Child Challenge tasks you with starting out with a pair of adult Sims, having a child, and making that child as skilled and fulfilled as humanly possible before they reach young adulthood.
In CAS, start a new family. You must create two sims, one male and one female. They may be human and/or alien. Both must be of the adult age (NOT young adult). They must have the relationship of “Roommates” to each other. You are otherwise free to customize both Sims to your desire. You may pick any aspirations and traits you want, use whatever custom content you wish when designing their looks and outfits, and of course give them whatever names you desire.
Once the family is created, move them into the world. You may select any lot you can afford. You may move into pre-built houses and may download and use houses from the exchange. The only restriction is that the house may NOT contain any career reward objects or other collectible items not immediately available from the buy menu. You are certainly free to move into an empty lot and build your house from scratch, and unlike the Legacy Challenge, you may choose any size lot.
Before your couple becomes elders (and thus unable to reproduce) you must have at least one child. They need not be formally married before doing this. Additional children beyond the first are allowed.
The very first child that is born is designated the “Wonder Child” and will be the most important Sim going forward. In the event that the first pregnancy results in multiple births, the first child you name is the Wonder Child. The gender of your Wonder Child has no impact on scoring. If the male of the pair is abducted and is made pregnant, resulting in the first child born being an alien birth, that still counts as the first child born, and thus will become your wonder child. The Wonder Child may be born at home or at the hospital.
If your couple ages up to elder before having at least one child, OR if the Wonder Child is taken by social services or dies, you fail the challenge.
The Challenge ends the moment the Wonder Child grows into young adulthood.
All points earned in this challenge are focused on the Wonder Child.
- No cheats or mods that give you an unfair advantage over players who do not use them. Cheats and mods used for strictly visual purposes or to remedy bugs in the game are allowed. This is essentially the same No-cheats rule as the Legacy Challenge.
- You may not use any form of age-extending item on any of your sims. No potions of youth. You may grow a cow plant, but you may not drink from it to extend any Sim’s lifespan.
- You may not resurrect any dead sims, though you may plead with the reaper to save a dying sim.
- You may not move in, marry in, or merge in any Sims to the household. The only way to grow the family is to reproduce.
- You may move any family member out besides the Wonder Child.
- You may NOT adopt children. All children must come from pregnancy.
- You may choose and change the aspirations for any Sims in the family at any time, this includes any children born in the family. When children age up, you may choose what traits they gain.
- While the Wonder Child is your main focus, you may control and give commands to all Sims in the household.
- The potion of youth is the only aspiration reward selection that is not allowed. Both the wonder child and other members of the family are free to pick any other rewards and use them as they see fit.
- The challenge MUST be played on “Normal” Lifespans.
- You may NOT purchase or use the mood-aura plumbob lamps.
- The parents may take the new Scientist, Doctor or Detective careers and you may follow them to work before the wonder child is born, but once the wonder child arrives, you may not follow them to work.
- The family may start a retail business, but if the wonder child has been born, they must be among the sims who travel to the business lot when you open it.
- You may use fruit/music to influence the gender of your Wonder Child (and any subsequent children as well) if you so desire as the gender of the Wonder Child does not impact your scoring.
- 1 point for every skill point earned by the Wonder Child. This includes childhood skills.
- 3 point completion bonus for every skill that reaches level 10. (So getting 10 points in one skill will net you 13 points in total)
- 10 points for every trait the Wonder Child possesses. You are guaranteed to get at least 40 points from this by the end of the challenge from their 3 personality traits and 1 adult aspiration trait, but can accumulate more by completing aspirations and buying bonus traits with aspiration reward points. Business Perks earned and purchased from a family business do NOT count. They are allowed, but they do not earn you any points.
- As a child, the moment the Wonder Child becomes an “A” Student in school, see now many days they have until aging up into a teen. You gain a number of points equal to the number of days left as long as you remain an ‘A’ Student (for example if your child becomes an “A” student and has 5 days left until becoming a teen, you get 5 points). If they are demoted back to a B student during childhood these bonus points are lost. These points become permanent when the Wonder Child becomes a teen if they ended childhood as an “A” student
- As a teenager, the moment the wonder child becomes an “A” student in high school, see how many days they have until aging up into young adulthood. You gain one point equal to the number of days left as long as they remain an “A” student. If they are demoted to a “B” student, these points are lost. You’d calculate this the same as you would for the child A student. See above.
- As a teenager, the moment the Wonder Child reaches the top level of any of the teenage careers they earn one point equal to the number of days left until aging into a young adult (so if they reach the top of a teen career and still have 6 days left until adulthood, you gain 6 points). If they are ever demoted, fired or quit, these points are lost.
- 5 points for every gold medal birthday party thrown for the Wonder Child
End of Challenge
Once your Wonder Child becomes a young adult, the challenge ends. If you are throwing them a birthday party, the challenge does not end until the party does. Pick their third young adult trait. If you have any unspent aspiration points, you may spend them before calculating your score. Once you do that, move them into their own household as a single Sim and upload them to the gallery with both their final score and the hashtag #WonderChild in the description.
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the