Ever since Zeus and Hera decended to the mortal plane to introduce nectar making to Sims, things have gotten incredibly competitive. Whistle sounds from nectar-making machines can be heard throughout Sunset Valley and Riverview alike. Workaholics are becoming nectarholics. Well, Zeus and Hera are back and have thrown down the gauntlet. You are cordially invited to an all-out war to find out who can make the most money selling nectar. Are you ready to defy the gods? What say you, mortal?
- Stating your intent to play in the challenge is a requirement. You will be added to the leaderboard. Simply lurking and then posting results is bad sportsmanship.
- Create 2 Young Adult Sims. No other Sims can be played.
- Lifespan set to Long.
- No cheats or modifications.
- You must be patched up to the most current EA patch.
- You are not allowed to enter the Edit Town screen to switch Active Households during the tournament.
- Use of the Moodlet Manager is banned.
- Move your Sims into an existing house or build one yourself to start. But, you are not allowed to move again during the challenge.
- The only vacation you’re allowed is a single trip to France.
- The Challenge ends at 12AM, Week 15, Day 2.
- You are allowed ONE attempt at this Challenge.
- Discussing Strategy and Explicit Info. Revealing very detailed information about how best to achieve a certain goal is forbidden. Ignoring this rule hurts everyone involved, and gives distinct advantages to late-starting players. Here is an example:
General “playing for tips” advice that is fine: “A great place to play for tips is in front of the Theatre on the weekends. Not many Sims are working, so there are plenty of Sims available. Don’t forget to bring a piece of fruit to ward off hunger late in the day.”
“Playing for Tips” advice that’s way too much information: “Click on your Sim’s guitar for the Perform cue and cue up 8 songs. But, as soon as the first note begins, cancel the cue. The more songs you “perform” the larger the tips your Sim will earn.
The 2nd bit of info is obviously walking someone through the steps of an advanced exploit and has no place in a challenge thread. But this information is still solid and there’s no reason why players should be hidden from it. So, it simply belongs elsewhere on the forum, or Carl can put it somewhere on the Guide.
If you’re not sure if something you want to say in this event thread would be divulging too much information — don’t say anything.
Nectar $ — When the game clock reads 12AM, Week 15, Day 2, you’re done. All of your nectar will have just aged up at midnight. Sell it all and note your total in the Skill Journal. IMPORTANT: All nectar sold must have been made with a nectar-making machine.
This Event is Now Closed
If you’re interested in writing and/or reading sims stories, participating in fun competitions and events, joining a friendly and welcoming community, completing legacies and challenge and earning medals, or just having a great place to discuss Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4, then there is a place for you at the